Monday, January 6, 2014

Grilled Carrot Sandwich

Today I missed lunch since I got stuck with something. I had not done any prep for lunch as well so I turned to my always fall back option - sandwich. I only had carrots and celery in the refrigerator that was suitable for a sandwich. So I added some of this and some of that and came up with an awesome sandwich and also felt good that I did get my share of fiber in. Since I cannot give up my white bread, my make up route is to make the additions / stuffing / filling nutritional.
Ingredients
Bread - 8 slices
Butter - a bit
Carrot - 2
Onion, small - 2
Mozzarella, grated - 1/4 cup
Celery - 2 tbsp
Pepper - a pinch
Mayonnaise - 1 tbsp
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Worcestershire sauce - 1 tsp
Salt - a dash
Coriander leaves - a few
Grate the carrot and mozzarella, finely chop the onion, celery and coriander. Mix all the ingredients except bread and butter, and slightly mash with the back of the spoon. Or you could just give it a couple of pulses in the food processor.
Butter one side of each slice and keep aside. Spread the filling on the unbuttered side and cover with another side. The buttered sides have to be on the outside. Grill this and you are ready with your grilled sandwich.
 
Cut into halves and serve with ketchup.
Somewhere in between clicking, I forgot and started taking large bites of my sandwich
 
 My Grilled Carrot Sandwich goes to
 - "Light Dinners" guest hosted by abowlofcurry, originally by Vardhini of cooksjoy

 

3 comments:

Simplyfood said...

This sandwich looks wonderfully delicious.Inviting you to send it to In my VEG BOX~Carrots event at http://www.citrusspiceuk.com/2013/12/announcing-event-in-my-veg-box-carrots.html#.UsxG0vRdV8F.

PP said...

Thanks Nayna! Will definitely check your event. :)

Preetha said...

Looks so delicious,,, want to have it with a hot cup of coffee..
Thanks so much for linking to my event.Looking for more..