Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SEWA



A few days ago, I went to the SEWA Lucknow chikan exhibition. It was the first day and I reached there about 11.30am and there was a sizeable crowd already going through the stuff. I guess that speaks for the demand for their products.
I saw some lovely sarees, stoles, dupattas, suit sets, kurtis, etc. I decided to go around the hall first just for the pleasure of it, afterall 'nayan trupti' comes first. Then realized that if I liked something and did not pick it immediately somebody else would. So I started collecting the ones I liked. After trying on some kurties in a storeroom cum makeshift changing room, I decided on buying 2 suit pieces and a sari. I saw pieces in white, off-white and ivory colors which looked beautiful but decided to get colors this time. I now have to get these beautiful art pieces stitched to perfection. I have added the pictures of the suit pieces I bought.

No comments: